Friday, June 8, 2007

Group E-mail

Hope you are all doing well.  Seems like short e-mails from us have become the norm.


I suppose the biggest news item in our lives is rain!  It rained and misted on and off all day Tuesday and most of the night.  Then it rained a little more Wednesday.  Even last night I woke up and heard a little sprinkle.  After a very dry summer, it's nice to see mud again!  And the high mountains are just beautiful with a thick blanket of snow.

It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot that's newsy in our lives.  Let me think...

Sunday night we went to a missionary farewell in Maseru.  Three missionary families are leaving Lesotho in the next few weeks.  The ones we know the best are Baptist missionaries who have contributed a lot of time and money to the translation of the TEE books we are using in the Bible School.  They have been in Lesotho about 17 years, and actually helped Nt. Pheko start the church at Roma.  We will miss them.  They have a very broad vision for God's Kingdom and aren't afraid to help other churches.
Tuesday we had to make a trip to Bloemfontein.  I took my tent to a shop there to have new zippers sewn in it.  They kept calling me to tell me it was done, and I was afraid they were going to sell it or something.  Steph also had some lab work done.  Her cardiologist is trying to determine exactly what caused her stroke since he doesn't think it was a result of a damaged heart valve.  Medical care is normally surprisingly cheap in South Africa, but I have to admit I was a bit shocked when the lady handed me the bill.  I'm glad it was here and not  America!!!  As usual, the highlight of the day for Kaitlyn was the McDonald's playland.

I'm still working on TEE whenever I get a spare minute.  It's coming well.  I'm trying to finish another book before I go to Zimbabwe in July.

Thursday we went to the border to renew our 6-month border passes.  It used to be that I could renew all of them, but anymore everyone has to be there.  They've changed the system, so it doesn't take near as long as it used to.  I think we were done in less than 10 minutes.

This Sunday I'm going to Mapoteng in the mountains.  The church there has lost it's pastor again.  We are hoping to train someone who lives there to do the work.  It's a much more long-term proposition, but I think it will be more successful.
We're in Ladybrand for the day (Friday).  Tonight we have our monthly missionary team meeting.  It's always nice to be together, and hear what everybody else is doing.

Love you all,
Glenn, Steph, and Kaitlyn

No comments: