Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our New Floor!

We have needed to put a new floor in for a long time.  The cement under the original tile was rotten, and the tiles would break and come off.  We checked several options, but finally decided the best way to fix it was to remove the old tiles, spread a bonding liquid on the rotten cement, and put in ceramic tile.  Here Glenn and Kaitlyn are chipping off the old tile--Kaitlyn was a hard worker!

Preparing the old cement for the new tile. Our neighbors helped us--they were a huge help because it was a very big job.

Daddy laying the tile.

Here you can see the new floor.  Glenn is cleaning the grout off.  I think it only took 4 days from beginning to end.  We really thank Daddy and Mama for all their hard work to make this happen!

Rachel's House--Almost Finished

Daddy painted the bedroom and living room/kitchen walls a light brown.

Rachel chose Kiwi Burst green for the bathroom paint. 

Daddy did a really nice job on the pantry.
After my parents left, I've been doing some of the final finishing-up work.  Rachel got a nice set of second-hand cabinets that we customized to fit the kitchen.
I've also been working on getting her solar system set up.  The panel and batteries are installed, but I still have to finish the wiring for the lights and a few outlets.  Saturday I put up mini blinds and curtain rods, so she should be able to move in sometime this week.