Greetings in Jesus' Name!
Hope all is well for you. We appreciate your prayers so much! Here is an update on prayer plus some answers to prayer.
- God certainly answered your prayers for the VBS. Debbie Cawman (independent missionary bound for Mozambique) and Christy Contraras (PVBI intern) did a great job keeping the children's attention and presenting the truth of God's Word in a simple, interesting way! Attendance past all of our expectations. On Thursday there were 192 children. The most we've ever had in the past was around 90. It is impossible to measure the spiritual results, but many of the children responded to an invitation to pray and confess their sins.
- Rev. Tsikane Pheko reported exciting results from an evangelistic campaign in villages near his church. They are still following up contacts that were made, but several have clearly gotten saved!
- Please continue praying for revival! We see God at work several places and are excited by the way He is pouring out His Spirit, but there are still needs.
- Please pray that someone from the Matukeng church will catch a vision to continue the children's work at the church here.
- Pray for the Bible School and the students. Attendance has been down for several months. Two promising young men have not come for the last three sessions. Because they live in rural places, we haven't been able to contact them to find out what the problem is.
- We are planning to distribute Bibles in Zimbabwe this year instead of Zambia. Help us pray for wisdom and miracles to make this trip a success. Logistics are very difficult in a country where fuel is very scarce and often only available on the black market. (Usually black market diesel has been stolen from big trucks and buses.) Another challenge is the out-of-control inflation (more than 1000% since the beginning of the year.) We are tentatively planning to be there the month of July.
- Our weather is starting to feel more like winter! This last weekend we had frost and a COLD wind blew all day Saturday.
Glenn, Stephanie, & Kaitlyn Gault
Hope International Missions