Monday, July 7, 2014

House Fire

Last Thursday (the 3rd of July) we got the shocking news that there was a fire at our house.  We don't know exactly what happened, but we believe something went wrong with our solar system--perhaps a short circuit somewhere.  Because of God's providence the fire was only in two rooms and a hall, but the whole house has smoke damage.  We still don't know the full extent of the damage, but it seems the biggest loss was books from my (Glenn's) library and our music cds.  An older laptop was also ruined, but all the files on it were backed up.  The girls are very sad that at least some of their stuffed animals and dolls didn't survive.  We do not believe there was any structural damage to the house because most of it is made of asbestos panels on a steel framework.  Following are a couple black and white pictures.  Sorry they aren't color.

Some of the books did not burn.

Our cds and cd player were on top of the book case above my desk.
We would really appreciate your prayers during this rather difficult time.  There has been a great revival in our village, and we wonder if this might be an attack from the devil.

Join us in praising the Lord that the house was not burned down and that our dear friends and neighbors were able to save most of our belongings.   We understand that they have already begun cleaning the house to trying to get rid of the smoke damage.  We could not ask for kinder, more faithful friends than the Nthabi family and our other neighbors.  Please lift them up in prayer, too!


6 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my!!! We will be praying! Mommy and Daddy built that house in '77 and considering all the lightening strikes in Lesotho,... God is good. Praying for you all~ fires are so invasive and unnerving.

Holly Grenoble said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. Praying for you all!

Priscilla said...

Praying for you guys. :(

Benjamin McDowell said...

We are so sorry to hear about this! We will definitely be praying for you!

Stephen and Gwen Geise said...

Incredible! We are so sorry to hear about the fire. We will be praying for you all!

Stacey Neal said...

Thank goodness you were all okay! It’s just harrowing that the fire occurred in your kids’ room. Have you figured out where the fire started? If it was another case of short-circuited wiring, I think it’s best for you to remove all the plugs in the electric outlet before you leave the house. Better yet, check all your wire connections to see if there are any more faulty ones.

Stacey Neal @ Romero Insurance