I don't even want to even think about how long it has been since we've written a Lesotho Update! :-( I know better than to make a new year's resolution, but we will try to be more regular. There are also a few things on our blog that you might be interested in.
- This was a very special holiday season for us! My parents were here for Thanksgiving until almost Christmas. Stephanie's brother Jon was here for two week over Christmas. We were blessed to be with family, and are grateful that God gave Kaitlyn an opportunity to get to know Pop-pop, Nana, and Uncle Jon better.
- God is still graciously pouring out His Spirit on the country of Lesotho. My father remarked that it reminded him of the book of Acts where "the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." People who got saved at tent meetings around Matukeng where we live are growing spiritually. Another pastor pitched at tent for a week at Ha Seleso. 5 people got saved in seven days!
- The day after Christmas people brought a dying witchdoctor from a new preaching point to Pastor Kali for prayer. Between the work of demons and TB, nobody expected to see him alive again. He was visibly better after prayer and got saved during the weekend. He shaved the beads out of his hair and Pastor Kali went back with him to his village to help him burn all of his paraphernalia. While the fire was burning a young man came to him to get "medicine" or have him cast a spell for him. The former witchdoctor pointed to the fire and testified powerfully to how God had spared his life and saved him. At least some of his family seemed to get saved at the service they held before they burned his things.
- We are praising God for this great victory in a witchdoctor's life, but these people need our prayer support! Pray that God will protect them form the power of Satan and that they will grow spiritually!
- A new school year is starting at Hope Christian Academy in Ladybrand. Please pray much for the school!
- The beginning of a new year is always a time for planning and thinking about the future. Please pray that God will clearly lead us to His plans for 2009!
- Please pray for a pastor who has sadly fallen into deep sin. Also pray for his wife.
"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place." IICor. 2:14 NKJV
Thanks for praying for us!
Glenn, Stephanie, and Kaitlyn Gault
Hope International Missions