Thank you so much for your consistent prayer. The month of March was very busy, and so far it looks like April will be no different. Here's a little prayer request update so that you can support us more effectively in this spiritual war.
- The last time we wrote, we asked for you to pray as we held the funeral of a converted witchdoctor. God answered prayer, and several people have responded to the Gospel in that village. Most of the family did stand against all forms of ancestor worship. Praise the Lord for this! This past weekend, the extended family came to conduct the final ceremony for the ancestors in connection with the funeral. Bro. Mahlomola went there to preach on Sunday and assist the family through this difficult time. When he arrived, he found a drunken celebration going on in one room of the house. In the other room the converted members of the family were fasting and praying for protection and the salvation of the rest of the family.
- We also asked you to pray especially for an HIV positive orphan that Rev. Pheko is carrying for. God is answering prayer for her! Monday I saw her, and she looks so much better. Praise God for His physical touch, and keep praying for her. Except for a miracle, there is no cure for AIDS.
- Please keep on praying for the weekend Bible School. We are so encouraged with the new group of students who are attending! Pray that they will be able to apply the lessons they are learning to daily life and ministry. Pray that God will call some of them to be full-time pastors! Also pray for us teachers.
- Our annual Easter conference starts tomorrow (Thursday) and runs through Sunday afternoon. Please pray that God will graciously pour out His Holy Spirit on us.
- Please pray for a young mother from the Matukeng congregation that is in physical danger at the moment. The details are complex and personal, so please just breathe a prayer that God will keep her safe and help her stand strong spiritually during this difficult time.
- Probably all of you have heard through our newsletters or blog, but we are expecting another child in September. We are excited, but please pray for Stephanie and the baby's health!
Glenn, Stephanie, and Kaitlyn Gault
Hope International Missions