Friday, May 18, 2007

the Group E-mail


Hi everyone,
We had hoped to write more e-mails while we're in town today, but it's going to have to be short. I forgot the adapter so that I can plug our computer into a 220v outlet here in South Africa

I guess we always keep busy, but life hasn't been quite as hectic as it was for a while. Yesterday was Ascension Day, a public holiday in Lesotho. I preached at a short morning service, then in the afternoon, we drove up into the mountains to Mohale Dam. It was lots of fun. We really enjoyed being together, seeing the scenery, etc. I think the highest mountain pass is just under 9,000 feet on the way there. The road is paved all the way, but there are some really steep sections. Some people were still harvesting corn. I think they got a little more rain than we did, but even in our area some people got fair crops. It is supposedly the driest year in South Africa since the 1930's. On the way back we met some other missionaries driving up to Mohale Dam to camp (i think.) They were going to rent a boat to go out to an island in the lake.

There's not a lot been going on in our lives worth writing about. Steph's been trying to catch up on correspondence. We wrote and sent a newsletter. I can't remember if I wrote that I got a pair of rabbits. So I built two cages for them. I'm not sure how old they are, but I suppose the first litter of bunnies will come while I'm in Zimbabwe. I think Steph probably isn't too impressed with the timing!

In the picture Kaitlyn is a few days over 18 months. It was taken near Mohale Dam.


Well, I guess that's all I've got to say.
Love to all,

No comments: